- Algert Agricola - The firm is pleased to announce that Mr. Agricola has been appointed by the Alabama Supreme Court to serve on the Court’s Standing Committee on the Alabama Rules of Appellate Procedure. The Court’s appointment recognizes Mr. Agricola’s superior skills and intellect in his appellate practice. As a voting member of the Standing Committee on the Alabama Rules of Appellate Procedure, Mr. Agricola will have a voice in bringing about needed changes and improvements in the rules from the perspective of a practitioner. Mr. Agricola is pleased to contribute his time and effort to this worthy cause.
J. Lenn Ryals - Lenn received another defense verdict this week. After two days of testimony the jury returned a verdict in favor of the defendant who had been sued by a visitor to his home after she slipped and fell. The Plaintiff demanded the jury award her close to $100,000.00. After careful deliberations the jury determined that the Defendant was not responsible. Way to go Lenn!
- J. Lenn Ryals - After a four (4) day trial a jury returned a defense verdict in less than twenty-five minutes for Lenn's clients who were accused by a neighbor of creating a condition that allowed water to drain onto their property causing substantial damages to their home. Lenn continues to provide superior representation to all of his clients. Keep up the great work Lenn!
- Algert Agricola - The Firm is pleased to announce that on September 19, 2016, Mr. Algert Agricola was appointed by vote of the Alabama Supreme Court to its Standing Committee on the Alabama Rules of Appellate Procedure to serve a term of three (3) years. The appointment letter from Acting Chief Justice Lynn Stuart to Mr. Agricola stated, “You have demonstrated superior skills and intellect in your practice and we appreciate your willingness to share your knowledge and insight.” Mr. Agricola is grateful for the opportunity to serve on the Court’s Standing Committee and looks forward to the challenges ahead in this most important work.
- Ryals & Agricola, P.C. is thrilled to announce that Jeff Smith, Esq. has returned to the firm in an Of Counsel role. Jeff will concentrate his practice primarily in the field of mediation. During his over 30-year legal career, Jeff had the opportunity to represent both Plaintiffs and Defendants throughout the state of Alabama in state and federal courts. Jeff has a wealth of experience in automobile accident cases, medical malpractice, nursing home litigation, coverage disputes, slip and falls, property damage claims, bodily injury claims, water runoff case, and construction defects. Jeff is uniquely gifted in being able to utilize his experience and familiarity with the Court systems in Alabama to assist parties to come to a resolution before or during litigation. When you are ready to get your case resolved, contact Jeff Smith directly at email@example.com or call (334) 834-5290 to schedule your mediation.
- Lenn Ryals recently defended a motor vehicle accident in the Circuit Court of Chilton County, Alabama. The accident involved a teen driving his truck on a residential street which collided with the Plaintiff's vehicle. The Plaintiff was represented by one of the most high profile law firms in the state of Alabama. After hearing testimony for two days a jury of twelve men and women returned a verdict in favor of the teenage defendant. Through Lenn's hard work and presentation of the evidence, the jury saw through the stereotypical allegations made against teenage drivers and followed the law.
- John S. Plummer successfully obtains summary judgment for general contractor. - A little over three years ago John S. Plummer, a founding partner of the firm, was retained to represent a general contractor in a multi-million dollar lawsuit involving numerous different claims against our client including claims of defective construction. After extensive discovery, including discovery relating to experts, John successfully obtained summary judgment for our client. The Plaintiff appealed the summary judgment and hired a new law firm to prosecute the appeal. In December of 2011, the Alabama Supreme Court affirmed the summary judgment in favor of our client. The Plaintiff hired a third law firm and asked the Alabama Supreme Court to reconsider its decision. The Alabama Supreme Court denied the Plaintiff's request for reconsideration.